Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Manolis' gem

    November 18, 2023 in Greece ⋅ 🌙 16 °C

    Manolis has built a little gem between two very small villages, each with no more than 10-15 people living in it. It's called Sunny Hill Café and reminds me a lot of our fire kitchen.

    Manolis is 28 years old, born here and returned here after working in England for a few years. Within two years he build his café with a lot of love, work, ideas, wood and heart.

    From my apartment I pass it straight after the serpentines and just stopped by. Manolis conjured up all sorts of little things for us, like tapas, and we chatted for a while.

    Little by little a few farmers from the villages appeared and suddenly we were sitting in the middle of the loud and very funny Friday evening event of the two small villages. The vegetable man was also there and invited us to a raki.

    The true Greeks rocked the evening and I followed the spectacle with a happy heart and good mood, impressed by the large wooden crosses that one guy wore around his neck, the thick Greek peasant boots and the voice like a buzz saw.

    The oven was booming, everyone was sitting in a circle and Manolis was standing at the stove and kept conjuring up treats that he distributed on the tables.

    What a wonderful evening, what hospitality, what great people! ❤️❤️❤️
    Read more