Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Jardines de Alameda Apodaca

    April 18 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    Cádiz has a population of just over 100,000 and is located on a headland that juts out into the Bay of Cádiz. This is a small part of the Gulf of Cádiz. Cádiz is surrounded by water on all sides.

    There is therefore a morning side and an evening side. You can cycle all the way around and I cycle to school on the morning side at sunrise and back from swimming on the evening side at sunset. I live on the morning side in the old town.

    The old town, with its barrios El Pópulo, La Viña and Santa María, is at the front of the headland and stands in strong contrast to the high-rise buildings of the modern new town. On the evening side you will of course find the endless promenade with its countless bars and the hustle and bustle at sunset. On the morning side everything is a little more leisurely and that is where the parks are.

    Unbelievable but true, the cityscape of Cádiz is not only characterized by many small squares, but despite the limited space there are these cosy parks. People sit there and play guitar or read, and the adjacent bars have placed tables in the park around the various fountains.

    Everywhere is smells awesome and I met good old flower friends everywhere 😍.

    The Gaditanos, as the inhabitants of Cádiz are called, stand on the pier and fish for squid. My language school colleagues like to go drinking in the old town, I prefer to stroll through the park and watch the Gaditanos.
    Read more