Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Tomásovsky View

    July 11, 2022 in Slovakia ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    [JJ] After a stroll through the Slovakian woods, we emerged into a clearing with the ruins of an abandoned monastery dating back to 1299. It was only after rooting around there that we soon discovered a self-service beer dispenser in the middle of nowhere! And as tourists we felt obliged to do as the locals do, so naturally we stuck our heads right under the tap and necked the local lager straight! (Disclaimer: no locals did this.)

    We then took an atmospheric hike up to Tomásovsky View, experiencing the second up close sighting of a chamois on the trip. We joked about how a near death experience with a bear would make great reading for this blog and continue the theme of almost killing ourselves but unfortunately no bears obliged on this particular day. The remainder of the walking led us through more wacky gorge trekking while we found a way to fit 'chleb' into every word possible. Our best attempts included: Chlebanon, John McEnchleb and Chleibig condenser (don't ask, too much explaining needed.)

    Finally, we returned to Hrabusice after the local Coop closed so we feasted instead at Restauracia U Hudaka, where I can honestly say I had some of the best restaurant food I've ever eaten, it was amazing, and pretty cheap too!
    Read more