Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Day 11-Ventosa

    September 15, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 70 °F

    Pretty easy walk today, although it turned out to be 14 miles instead of 10.5. We tried to leave early today but the breakfast buffet didn't start until 7am and you know my priorities. We even snuck jamón y queso sandwiches in my bag for snack later.

    The walk out of Logroño took us past a Guardia Civil base so we walked in and asked if they had a sello (stamp) for pilgrims. They did and were very nice to us. They take pilgrim safety seriously.

    The rest of the walk was pretty flat and took us around a lake where we met Marcelino at his donativo stand. We made it to Navarrete before the rain and ate our sandwiches among the other pilgrims outside next to the church.

    The alterpiece of this church is really impressive. I put a 1€ coin in a box to illuminate it. Spectacular comes to mind. I'll have to do some research to find out how such a small town has such an impressive church.

    We continued our way to Ventosa, our destination for the night, through vineyards loaded with grapes. It sprinkled most of the way so we covered our packs but didn't bother with our rain jackets or umbrella. The spinkles felt good and helped us stay cool.

    We got to Ventosa at 1:30pm, earlier than our normal end of walk. We shared a yummy pizza at the Buen Camino cafe then checked into our place. It's a nice room with a gorgeous bathroom and there's a comfortable shared livingroom with tea available. Perfect since now the rain is coming down hard. Dinner tonight is a salad and chicken paella.
    Read more