Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Day-26 Puente Villarente

    October 1, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 86 °F

    After dinner last night, we walked down the street to check out the famous Bar Elvis. It definitely stood out in this sleepy little town. We had a drink and then back to our place, La Cantina de Teddy, which we loved. This town had several bodegas (wine, ham and cheese storage) built into a hill.

    We had an easy 10 miles of walking today before the heat set in. We stopped for a coffee in Mansilla de las Mulas at an albergue with a really pretty garden.

    While we waited for our room to be ready in Punte Villarente, we had a beverage. I love that they give you free tapas here with your drink. After we checked in and did laundry, we walked around looking for a place for lunch. Well, it's Sunday so our place was the only restaurant open for lunch. Then we found out that they were completely full for lunch (to be seated and order off the menu) but we could order a sandwich, which we didn't feel like. So we told them we'd just have a couple drinks and tapas. They then brought us two plates full of tapas. They were so nice to us. We ended up chatting to a local for a while and had a great time.
    Read more