Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    La Pan Tan, Yen Bai

    August 5, 2023 in Vietnam ⋅ 🌧 24 °C

    3 days 2 nights trip to the northern mountainous Yen Bai Province of Vietnam is very very... special. Rain pours dogs and cats almost 24 hrs, just 30 minutes after we arrive La Pan Tan, and lasts until next day noon time when we leave.

    Last but not least, heavy rain caused the power generation center in the area collapsed and electricity was cut off all the time. Not only Noah, we also never have had this kind of experience during travelling life so farrrrrr.

    Total road length from Ha Noi to La Pan Tan, a very famous place with overlap terrace rice field, is not really far, just ~ 250km. But the road to mountainous areas in Vietnam is not simple road, it's really top, continously runs curving, bending, even circle so it took 5-6 hours just for that a short distance.

    And it makes Noah carsick. Poor Noah, he has to overcome himself, we can not help him or vomit for him :(.

    Get up early to start a trip was also a challenge to Noah since going to sleep late and waking up late is Noah's habit. Noah should be very tỉed and uncomfortable,

    Daddy tried to control speed and drive more slowly to help Noah feel better. That's only the thing we can do. I believe if Noah travels more, do exercise to be harder and stronger, this kind of travel will be nothing for him. Uhm, Bi does not allow me to mention about the weight of Noah and forbid me to ask Noah to eat further, so I never say a word about that topic to Noah, just one time here in this travel diary, behind Noah's presence, I'm brave to say openly, hhh.

    We stop at Pho Nui Restaurant in Tu Le to have lunch and give Noah time for relax and recover, infront only about 40 minutes driving to Do Gu Homestay, La Pan Tan, the destination for the first night.

    What's the impression of La Pan Tan? A small homestay facing to the rice field terrace layers, of course.

    And rain and rain, and rain, and rain....

    The rain started right after Noah finished video call with his mother, just enough time for Mother to admire the wide mountainous scenery in Vietnam. We almost stayed inside the room all the time, just moved down for meals and took photos via white class window.
    Read more