Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 17

    Hue Royal Tombs

    17 sierpnia 2023, Wietnam ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    As the Old Capital where the Nguyen dynasty ruled, Hue hides the fascinating royal tombs which reflect the kings' temperaments, philosophies, and priorities.

    The tombs are the place for the kings to relax while alive and to bury them. Exploring these spectacular architectures, tourists will discover that the tombs not only embody the lives and souls of the Nguyen Kings but also recount the story of one of Vietnam’s most engrossing historical periods, including national unification, military conquest, and the cultural impact of French colonialism. Out of 7 tombs in the city, Minh Manh and Khai Dinh Tombs are 2 among 3 most renowned ones.

    MINH MANG TOMB

    King Minh Mang is the second ruler of the Nguyen Dynasty who governed southern and central Vietnam from 1820 to 1840. Minh Mang King had appointed design and location himself, the tomb was built mostly by his successor and son – Thieu Tri King from 1840 to 1843 since Minh Mang had passed away in 1841. Set along the Perfume River, the burial site comprises 40 structures, including a building for the emperor’s clothes, pavilions for mourners, and the tomb itself. The bright colors, elaborate ornamentation, and lacquered finishes on the buildings contribute to the site’s elegance and beauty.

    KHAI DINH TOMB

    Emperor Khai Dinh ruled the country for 9 years from 1916 to 1925. Under Khai Dinh, Western culture vigorously infiltrated into Vietnam. Khai Dinh himself made a tour to France in 1922. As a result, his tomb is the blend of the western architecture and the nation’s traditional art.

    In comparison with other tombs, Khai Dinh surface area is much smaller than his predecessors. However, the building is much more elaborated than others of it era. It is a rectangular block leaning against Chau Chu mountain. To get to the main palace, you will have to climb 127 stairs. The steps leading up to the forecourt are guarded by four dragons, which creates an imposing scene for the tomb. In front of the palace, there is a concrete stele monument written by his son – Emperor Bao Dai. Besides, there are also stone statues including the King’s bodyguards, mandarins, elephants, and horses.

    Inside Thien Dinh palace, visitors will see the appearance of many different schools of art, most affected by Western architecture. The tomb is decorated with precious furniture from all over the world. Most of the decorations are made of porcelain and crystal. There are also some of Emperor Khai Dinh’s personal stuffs such as a gold chair, photographs of his life and other countries’ tributes. The most impressive art of the tomb is the ceiling of the palace. It is decorated with the picture of nine intricate dragons. Besides, there are also copper statues carved an image of Khai Dinh King standing and sitting.
    Czytaj więcej