Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 1

    All aboard

    17. Dezember 2022, Nordatlantik ⋅ ⛅ 73 °F

    3am rolls around prrrrretty early, especially when you did the same thing the day before to ensure you got back from a work trip in time to fly out with the fam for vacation

    We were all packed up, so it was only a matter of wrenching ourselves out of bed and loading up the car... and tending to the dogs. Laura, as per uuusch, was extremely worried about the dogs, and woke up extra early to mother them a bit and ensure all was set for our absence. We'll miss them, but the dog sitter will take good care of them while we're gone.

    The flights and shuttle to Cape Canaveral were largely uneventful. Laura couldn't sleep until the dog sitter confirmed her arrival (she breathed a huge sigh of relief when the text came through), and I couldn't sleep because, you know, planes.

    When we arrived, check in was smooth and painless. We dropped our bags, watched the briefest of safety demonstrations, and hit the bar/pool.

    By good fortune, there was a SpaceX rocket launch scheduled two hours after we boarded, and at just 10m away we caught it from the boat. We had some drinks at the bar to kill some time, and then had a short nap before dinner. We sprung for the "Haven" package, meaning we had access to the more exclusive restaurant. Caty had steak and lobster, which made her day.

    Fully at sea, the rocking motion of the sea set in and Caty started to feel dizzy. While we had reservations for a late night comedy show, between Caty feeling a bit off and the general exhaustion, we decided to call it a night. The beds are heavenly, and I'm stoked for a big snooze.
    Weiterlesen