Satellite
Show on map
  • Burgos to Hornillos Del Camino

    September 13, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 64 °F

    We thought the walk from Burgos to Hornillos would be boring and a struggle since it is the beginning of crossing the Meseta, but it was anything but.

    First we saw a Korean mother-daughter team that we had not seen in a few days and it was gratifying to see they are progressing with us. We got a foto with them. We are trying to do that at every opportunity, because you never know if you will see each other again,

    Second, we stopped in a restaurant/hostel “La Fuente” in Rabé de la Calzada to use the bathroom and met the couple who were running the place who just so happen to be from Azua, Dominican Republic, where Cristina is from. De Azua para todo el mundo!

    Third, we entered several small churches along the way and in the last received a pilgrim’s blessing and pendant from the señora attending.

    Lastly, the Camino Frances is very full right now. The albergue operators are all commenting about how packed it is. Our luck has it that one couple canceled their private room at “Meeting Point” before we arrived and the hostelera remembered us and penciled us in and we grabbed it. So no snorers or flatulent spewers for us tonight!

    We had a great menu del día with a Spanish couple from Segovia at Manolo’s bar up the street.

    So we have stepped out of Burgos onto the dreaded Meseta feeling very blessed indeed!
    Read more