Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Day 4/5

    January 13, 2022 in Belize ⋅ ☀️ 75 °F

    Day 4 started off the same with cappuccino and workout. Then walked around town and had lunch at a restaurant at the end of the sidewalk right next to Placencia Beach The Shak Healthier food and smoothies. Was good and of course very friendly attentive staff. Some “somewhat ugly” Americans there asking 1000 questions about the food.

    Went back to house and chilled on the deck for the afternoon.

    Dinner at Smoquiz on the sidewalk. Food was excellent and of course amazing service. The BBQ sauce was very good, and that is saying something because we are super picky when it comes to BBQ sauce.

    Very few tourists it seems, so all the restaurants are pretty empty.

    Checked out two hardware stores in the village. First one was more like a general store the other one MnM was more like a mini Home Depot. You could order tile, they had toilets, light fixtures faucets etc, just in small quantities.

    Day 5 (Thursday) cappuccino again and then we did 10 minute stretch and 10 minutes of core. We were super sore from last three days of workouts to do body weight again today, needed a rest day and the stretching felt so good!

    Then went to Placencia Beach club for lunch and to hang out. Met a nice lady Carla who lives here now. She was originally from East Africa. She told me about the juice delivery guy, the fruit guy etc. also sent me an email with the banking and QRP paperwork in case we decided to apply. People here are so friendly!

    Dinner was at Cha Chi’s, this time for pizza. The pizza was soooo good. We’ll have to eat there again! Started raining as we were finishing dinner so stayed for another drink to wait and it the rain. When it slowed down, we walked back. Got wet, but it’s warm, so no big deal.
    Read more