Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Days 22 &23

    January 31, 2022 in Belize ⋅ ⛅ 73 °F

    Days started off as usual with cappuccino and workouts. We discovered Wordle (Wordle is game where you have 6 chances to guess the 5 letter word) a week or two ago so do that every morning as well.

    Sunday the weather cleared up a little so we went to the beach club and had our usual salads. Great and relaxing day as always.

    Dinner was pizza at Cha Chi’s which never disappoints.

    Monday we hung around the house as the beach club is closed. Greg made lunch at the house for the first time. We had tuna pasta salad. Would have been better with onion and garlic powder, but it was still good.

    In the afternoon we made the lap down the road and back up the side walk stopping at the office supply store because we needed to get some documents printed for our ferry to Ambergris Caye as well as documents for our visa extension. Very small but has most everything you would need and does printing for people and even has a computer you can go in and use. Very convenient. Cost $1.75US for 15 pages.

    Monday evening we had dinner reservations at the Galley behind the soccer field. We had heard Dawn the cook is amazing. What an experience. Small place, with screened in porch for dining. When I messaged through Facebook for a reservation this is the auto reply while waiting for confirmation: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗚𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝘆 𝗗𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿 𝗠𝗲𝗻𝘂
    Monday to Saturday
    5:30 pm to 9 pm.
    Call 602-0463 to order.
    🔹Fish, 35
    🔹Shrimp, 38
    🔹Lobster, 65
    (Prepared grilled, Creole, curry or garlic.)
    🔸Grilled Pork Chops, 30
    🔸Grilled Porterhouse Steak, 55
    🔸Grilled Ribeye Steak, 45
    (𝘋𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘺𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘤𝘰𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘶𝘵 𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘦, 𝘢 𝘱𝘰𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘦 ‘𝘯’ 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘴.

    There isn’t a printed menu, they just tell you what the drinks they are making and what the appetizer is for the night. Dawn come out to each table and takes the main course order answering questions and telling you the options available that night. We had the conch fritters appetizer and Greg had Shrimp Creole with coconut rice and I had the fish (snook) grilled in cast iron skillet (only option for fish that night) and the coconut rice. You have to wait your turn for food as she cooks each tables meal in order of arrival, but we’ll worth the wait! Greg said his was the best he’d ever had and he’d eaten that dish at KPaul’s in New Orleans!

    Before we left we made a reservation for Thursday night!
    Read more