Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 5

    August 26, 2019 in Scotland ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    We left Eleanor's this morning and headed straight to a local bike mechanic she had found for us. Unfortunately he wasn't working today, but his neighbours gave us directions to another one who luckily was working and who was awesome enough to fix Jamie's bike.
    When we arrived in Bath on Friday he realised that his clutch cable was fraying, and ever since then we had been trying to keep to clear roads and avoid having to stop, speed up or slow down too frequently so that he didn't have to change gear!Each day he lost a few more strands and by today there really weren't many left. We did try to get hold of a new cable but there weren't any in the country, and we had to order one from Germany which is going to arrive on Wednesday. As it was also bank holiday weekend, we struggled to find anyone available or willing to help, so we just had to keep going until today in the hope we'd find someone in Berwick.
    But Tim the lovely mechanic replaced the cable and we are now good as new!

    With happy bikes we were able to take the scenic route to Edinburgh up the B6355 across the moorland and over the hills which was gorgeous. We saw about 6 cars the whole way, and the views were amazing.
    We arrived in Edinburgh about 1:30 and were luckily able to get into the air BnB to leave our stuff before heading into the city.
    Read more