Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Day 10

    September 1, 2019 in England ⋅ 🌙 11 °C

    We were lucky enough to be woken up this morning with a cup of tea by Bella before the girls all headed out to the stables and the boys off to the farm.

    We packed up and helped ourselves to breakfast then I spent a few minutes psyching myself up for the return journey up the hill. I was feeling more confident, but still had to tell Lindsey not to watch! It was pretty scary, but I made it without dropping the bike and without putting my feet down! So proud!

    We took the A66 to Brough then the A685 to Kirkby Stephen as usual, but decided to avoid the motorway as far as we could and took the A683 all the way to Lancaster. It was truly the most beautiful and fun road road we'd been on all trip. I could have stopped 10 times for photos, but was enjoying the ride so much we didn't stop at all. But the views along the valley, to the hills, to the waterfalls were just stunning. We hardly saw any traffic the whole way, but maybe we were just lucky.

    We took the M6 around Liverpool, and the M56 to Chester then headed south to Shrewsbury. We had rain, sunshine, rain, sunshine.

    We decided to get to Wales for lunch and stopped in Wrexham to find a nice pub. Oops. Nevermind, we never have to go back there.

    We arrived in Shrewsbury just before 3 and have a lovely bedroom, our own kitchen, bathroom and dining room, all 10 minutes walk from the town centre and breakfast included. Not bad for £46.

    We had a cup of tea then headed into town to explore. We walked all along the river, further than we meant to, then criss-crossed the town centre trying to see all the sights before finally deciding on a pub for a quick cider - the Loopy Shrew.

    We walked back to the river to the Armoury for dinner, then home again via Tesco for chocolate.
    Read more