Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    A couple of bus tours

    December 24, 2022 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 12 °C

    We do like a hop-on hop-off bus tour when we're in a new city and, after walking 🚶‍♀️ over 26,000 steps yesterday, it seemed like the perfect way to spend today.

    There are three tourist bus routes in and around Athens. We did two of them today - the city tour and the Attica Coast.

    It was a warm and sunny morning and the city tour was very enjoyable. We hopped on and stayed on until we completed the circuit - no hopping off for us! 😂 We did earmark a couple of places to go back to tomorrow.

    Once we'd done the loop, we went for a really expensive drink - one small beer and one coffee = €11!!

    Suitably refreshed, we hopped on another bus to go and see the coastal resorts south of Athens. Our intention had been to hop off at one of the resorts to have lunch before catching the last bus back to the city. In the end, we stayed on until the end and did the full circuit. It was still sunny, but it was freezing cold on the top deck of the open-topped bus. We figured it would be even colder if we came back a couple of hours later. Also, as nice as the beaches ⛱ and resorts looked, it is winter and many of the restaurants appeared to be closed. There were plenty of brave souls sunbathing, though. Some of them were even swimming 🏊‍♀️ 🥶🧊 - bonkers!!
    Read more