Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    A submarine under the Red Sea

    January 3, 2023 in Egypt ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    This morning, we booked a trip on a submarine. Several others in our group came too.

    We went by bus to catch a boat out to the platform that the submarine departs from. Mark couldn't say no when he was offered the chance to steer the ship. The captain's cap was a bit small for him, though! 😂

    It took about 30 minutes to reach the platform. Then we had to climb down into the submarine. We had allocated seats, each one positioned in front of a porthole so we could see out. We were under water for 45 minutes, travelling along the coral reef and back again. The submarine went to a depth of about 25 metres. It was a fascinating trip. Company divers accompanied the submarine most of the way, taking photos 📸 and entertaining the children on board.

    On the boat 🚢 on the way back to shore, it started to rain 🌧 - the first we have had on this trip. Luckily, it didn't last too long.

    Back at the hotel, we sat outside and had a drink. We are here on an all-inclusive basis so don't need to worry about the cost!

    At 6pm, we had a meeting with Nabil because tonight is the last time the whole group will be together. He is leaving with the majority of our group at 4am tomorrow. The following day, 6 more go, and then it will be just us for a couple of days as we are the only ones who booked the 14-day trip!

    We gave Nabil a tip and thanked him for all his hard work. He has done a great job - especially as some of the group were quite difficult!

    Later, we had dinner and said our goodbyes to all those who are leaving in the morning.
    Read more