Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    First stop, London!

    February 2, 2023 in England

    After just 48 hours at home, we are off again!

    We got back to Skegvegas from Gatwick on Monday afternoon and went straight to the storage facility to pick Bertha up. She started first time!! We then spent Tuesday and Wednesday sorting her out, getting everything loaded that we need for the next seven weeks, doing the laundry, etc. We also found time to go to the Loewen to see A Man Called Otto starring Tom Hanks - a lovely film!

    With everything done, we set off at just after 9 this morning. We had a good run down to London with no hold ups, arriving at Abbey Wood caravan site at about 1.45pm. We checked in for five nights and went to fill up with water before choosing a pitch. It was then that we realised we had left the keys for the water tank at home! Mark had to break the cap off to put water in!

    Never mind, we chose a pitch, got set up and went for a walk around the site. We have stayed here before but it was a good few years ago when we had the motorhome. We spotted some interesting units - especially a truck with a full garden on the tailgate! 😂

    Later, we went to prep dinner and only then realised that the water pump wasn't working!! The problem wasn't obvious so we had to manage without running water! The joys of camping!! We had brought a cooked chicken with us which we had with new potatoes 🥔 and salad 🥗. We enjoyed an evening watching TV. Despite the problems, Bertha is looking really good and she is very comfortable to stay in. Bring on the next few weeks!
    Read more