Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Travelling to Gatwick

    April 16, 2023 in England ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    Another great journey starts at Skegvegas Station!! 🤣 We are so excited about this one - it's been in the planning stage for soooo long!!

    All early trains from Skegness today were fully booked, so we ended up on the 2.15pm with changes at Grantham and Stevenage, arriving at Gatwick at 6.22pm.

    So, we had a leisurely morning, having packed and cleaned through yesterday. We said our goodbyes to Mick and Rose and left home at 12.30pm. After dropping Bertha off at the storage facility, we took a taxi to the station. We've got rather more luggage 🧳 with us than we did for the last trip! 😂 Obviously, we are going to be away for a lot longer, but we are also carrying stuff that we will use in the Seychelles. By the time we head to mainland Africa, we SHOULD have fewer bags!!

    There was a huge queue at Skegness for our first train 🚆. We hadn't considered that it's the last day of the Easter holidays! There were loads of families heading home laden down with tacky souvenirs - a sure sign of a great seaside holiday! Luckily, we all got on the train, even if it was a bit crowded!

    It was a lovely sunny day. We enjoyed the scenery as we headed south, particularly the vivid yellow fields of rapeseed.

    All of our connections worked, and we checked in to the Premier Inn on time. We've had a couple of drinks in the bar and are heading for an early night. We have to be up at 5am!!
    Read more