Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    First explorations!

    April 18, 2023 on the Seychelles ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    We slept for just a couple of hours 😴 before the sun 🌞 streaming in through the window woke us up! It was enough, though, for us to function for the rest of the day.

    After unpacking and sorting everything out, we ventured out to find a shop to buy some essentials. With such a huge baggage allowance, we did bring some basics with us, so we just needed something to add to make a meal. The nearest shop is only a 10-minute walk away, but we were dripping with sweat by the time we got there!! We admired the beautiful blue sea 🌊 en route and took a couple of photos 📸 but we really just wanted to shop and get back.

    The small supermarket had everything we needed. We bought bread, beer, onions 🌰, oranges 🍊, minced beef, cheese, and ice cream 🍦 - all the essentials!! 😂 We are very glad we brought coffee ☕️ with us - it costs an arm and a leg here!

    Back at Cap Confort, I got changed and went for a swim 🏊‍♂️. Mark didn't feel up to it, so he stayed on the balcony taking photos of the bats flying by - yes, really!! Photos will be added later when we've taken them off his camera 📷. The water was really warm - like stepping into a hot bath 🛀! It wasn't exactly refreshing, but I enjoyed it anyway 😊.

    Later, Mark had his first Seychellois beer. We made pasta bolognaise for dinner, and soon after, we went to bed! The lack of sleep had really caught up with us - but we are so happy to be here!! 😀
    Read more