Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    A day at the beach

    April 21, 2023 on the Seychelles ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    We woke up to bright sunshine 🌞 and 30° heat, so we decided to spend the day at the beach ⛱️. After breakfast, we got organised and went to catch the bus 🚌 to Anse Royale, one of the best beaches on Mahe.

    For once, the bus wasn't too crowded, so we were able to sit by an open window and watch the scenery. It was a bit hair-raising in places as we hurtled round the cliff-top bends with scary-looking drops to the sea below!! I'm pleased to report that we made it in one piece and found ourselves a spot on the beach with a bit of shade from the floribunda bushes.

    We spent the say there, swimming 🏊‍♀️ and snorkelling (there wasn't much to see, but it was good to practice with our masks again ahead of our boat trip next week). The water was crystal clear and lovely and warm. It was so relaxing 😌. This is what we worked so hard for over the last couple of years!!

    As the sun started to drop behind the trees, we left the beach and found a very posh supermarket (there are a lot of tourists in Anse Royale) where we bought bread and treated ourselves to an ice cream 🍦 to have while we waited for the bus 🚌.

    Back at the apartment, we had a swim and then sat on the balcony listening to the radio 📻 before dinner. I think we both got a bit too much sun today - rookie error!! 😂🤣 We'll have to stay out of it for the next couple of days.
    Read more