Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    A change of hotel

    May 13, 2023 in South Africa

    We were up early this morning to shower and sort out our last bits and pieces ready for check-out at 10am. We were on time, but when we went to get the lift, our access codes had been cancelled! Mark left me with the bags 🎒 while he used the stairs to go down 15 floors to reception! He could only get as far as the 4th floor before he was stopped by a locked door! After some shenanigans 🤪 involving going through the car park, he made it to reception and, eventually, back up to the 15th floor to get me and our bags!

    Back at reception, we asked the guy to organise a taxi to take us to the Holiday Inn, the starting point for our Johannesburg to Cape Town trip. We knew it wasn't far, but we didn't fancy dragging our heavy bags up the hill and through the mall. The fare was only 28 rand (about £1.20!), but we felt guilty for using him for such a short distance, so we gave him 50!

    Check-in wasn't until 2pm, but they let us store our bags, gave us the access code for the wi-fi, and showed us to a lounge area to wait.

    We got into our room at about 1pm, dropped our bags 🎒 and went straight out to get some lunch. Seeing as we're going to be on the road for a little while, we treated ourselves to a Greek meal. It was all delicious 😋! Before going back to the hotel, we had some of Paul's homemade ice cream 🍦 for dessert - it wasn't half bad! 😂

    Back at the hotel, I edited the photo book of our Seychelles trip, and Mark caught up with the football ⚽️.

    Ahead of our 6pm meeting, we heard our truck arrive. Attached is a photo 📸 of it taken from our 8th floor window!
    Read more