Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Looking for a cup of coffee in Fredonia

    September 11, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    Jack and Caroline Lathum, and Chaney and Isabella Couch are the earliest known settlers to arrive to the area in the 1850s.

    Fredonia once had a grist mill, a stage stop and, following the Civil War, a cooperative store run by the National Grange of the Order of Patrons of Husbandry that encourages families to band together to promote the economic and political well-being of the community and agriculture. A blacksmith shop, churches, and a community newspaper were established. Fredonia received its first telephone line in 1914, and a gasoline filling station with the popularity of the automobile. The population has gradually declined as the small land holders sold out to larger ones.

    Today, it has a population of 191. What I saw was a town with dirt roads, a couple of nice homes and the rest were - well - at least a roof over their heads.

    For some reason I decided to look at the stats for the town and was shocked.

    The Average Home Value is $323,400, which is roughly 47% higher than the Average Home Value of $171,322 for the state of Texas, and roughly 33% higher than the National Average of $217,072.

    The Median Income Per Household is about $59,063, which is roughly 6% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $62,903 for the state of Texas, and roughly 9% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026 and the median age is 48.8.

    I'm thinking someone at two companies there are taking home beaucoup bucks.
    Read more