Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Giorno 16

    New York

    29 ottobre 2022, Stati Uniti ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Met everyone in the foyer at 9. We were both dying. Not getting enough sleep. We went down the street to a diner place. Will needs to stop ordering eggs Benedict’s cause they aren’t the same and each time is confused by this 😆
    Service tip/charge was $30 for the table. Non optional amount.
    I’ve said once and I’ll say it again - entire country is a scam. 🙃
    I had pancakes which were average. Served with fruits which I asked before I ordered “what type” - they said strawberries and pineapple - terrific - ordered. Came with 1 pineapple piece 3 strawberry bits at 47 melons. Ugh.
    We went back to hotel for a 30 min nap but room service called halfway through to ask about towels😭😭😭
    Walking zombie back to foyer at 11 to meet everyone to walk to the bus. Lots of standing around waiting. Not enough buses again.
    Got on and took the bus down to stop 11. Cutting it fine 😬😬😬😬 was told to be at dock at 12:30. 12:30 we were still on the bus not at our stop. Was getting a little stressed cause it’s a lot of effort for no result and a completely wasted day.
    We RAN. Me and Will dodged some traffic and we ran in the direction of a crossing 😅😆
    Made it.

    Got on the boat and found some window seats downstairs. Bought some popcorn and we were ready to go. Got great views of the Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges as we drove/floated under. Can’t see the green trees in the picture well but they really beautied it up.
    Could hear our guide over the engine but at least we had a live guide so far less cranky than when given a headset with rubbish recordings. Someone is actually working.
    Saw the famous skyline where the twin towers were and just other great views from the boat. We did two trips past the Statue of Liberty so both sides of the boat could see. She is small. 92m or something all up but that includes her base. She is still obviously big but not obnoxious big like every movie. She doesn’t command the Harbour.
    Love being with Helen, she like photos 😆😆
    Had to stall in the Harbour a while cause our dock wasn’t ready.
    Walked to our bus and amazingly got a seat. On way to hopefully get theatre tickets :)

    Got tickets to Aladdin. George and Vicki coming too which I’m not overly fussed about. Don’t mind them coming but they both just seem cranky. If you don’t want to come then don’t come??
    I hope I’m just misreading them.

    We got the halal guys again. So bloody goooooood.
    Having us time in the hotel. We are all socialed
    out.

    Walked to the theatre. It’s currently half time. It’s good but I’m not LOVING it. Maybe cause ive seen it before but I also think Sydney’s was better - Sydney theaters do it better cause they don’t have the limitation of space like the older theatres do. I felt the same with BIlly Eliot on the west end.

    2nd half killed it. Everything improved and the magic carpet ride scene was amazing.
    I will change my answer and say broadway has a slight edge because of sets and costume.
    Actors still Sydney. The Genie is the same as Sydney one.
    I enjoyed looking over at George and seeing him laugh. Not that funny but ok George 😆

    Totally forgot to mention we had to change seats. Will couldn’t fit in the seats. Couldn’t even sit down let alone sit down and be uncomfortable. They were designed for 8 year old children. Even I nearly was too tall.
    Got put to the side and sat on what looked like stand alone dinning room chairs hahaha
    We walked back together to the hotel. Don’t like broadway at night and don’t like the racist accusations thrown at you.
    Scam artists being like “why are you ignoring a black man” “ohhhh I see, you scared of a black man”
    No. I just don’t want to give you money you clown.
    Racism is rampant but you are not helping your cause accusing people when it’s not the reason.

    Had a street hot dog went inside and crashed. Alarm set for in 5 hours time 😭😭😭😭

    Love all the fire escapes on the outside of buildings.
    Leggi altro