Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 75

    London

    27 Disember 2022, England ⋅ ⛅ 9 °C

    Slept in later than intended. Very tired lol.

    Decided to do the museum first rather than laundry first because we booked 2 separate times for the museum and the first one was coming up.
    About a 1km walk. The line was around the corner but did move quickly and we joined an even quicker line because we already had tickets.
    All based on honesty though because no one ever checked out tickets.
    Went straight the the Egypt section because have come specifically to see the Rosetta Stone and I love the mummies.
    I saw some of the Egypt stuff like a couple of skeletons/mummified people like the Gebelein man, some sarcophagus stuff and some of the coffins/mummies.
    Will was looking for the stone the whole time and couldn’t find it.

    Of course the circumstances are that the Rosetta stone Is free to see at all times….
    BUT currently there is a hieroglyphics exhibition so is been moved to that and the exhibition isn’t free is it 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
    But we came specifically to see so we headed to the ticket office.
    Only availability is in 3 hours time 😬😬😬
    So we are going to do washing and try again tomorrow 😪
    Walked past an exchange place on the way back and I’m fucking FURIOUS.
    We gave 25€ we had left over to get us some ££ to do the laundry.
    25€ is $40.

    We got 11£ back 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

    Which is $19.
    Absolutely go get fucked.

    Exchange rate was shocking but they also conveniently forgot to mention the service fee AND handling fee.
    Big “no refunds” signs all over the window so the transaction was done.
    LIVID.

    I don’t mind spending money but I loatheeeee wasting it and feeling like I’ve been tricked out of it. I need that $20 dammit. 😩

    I smell a review 😆

    Walked past a few pubs until we found one with a good menu.
    Lovely little area.
    We both got pies with carrots, mash with gravy and it was delicious!!
    Walked home. I bought tickets for the museum tomorrow in the late afternoon and applied for a dog - his name is cookie. Stupid name. He is 7kg so maybe too big but worth a shot.

    Have walked to the laundry place and it is a bit of a drama 😆
    How to say politely that we are in an area where people can’t afford washing machines and that’s why they are here.
    A lady works here and she is very flamboyant and funny but everyone else is a question mark.
    Worker lady was talking about how her son and daughter in law are struggling with their baby and one dude who was stick figure thin and very clearly a big druggy and dumb asked her “Do you think I should live with them” and she spun her way out of that one but he was dead set serious as if we would be helpful and it was really funny to listen to.
    No weird stranger I don’t want to live with my family ??? 😆
    Will had to go for a walk for coins as the coins only take 1£ coins
    And BECAUSE THE 11£ WE EXCHANGED WASN’T ENOUGH 🫠🫠🫠🫠
    How is $40 not enough for one load of washing 😪
    In fairness it would have been had we not been robbed.
    Anyway. He had to get out another 20 and convert all into 1’s which the local shopkeeper was well pleased about.
    Have done washing, we are now drying.
    The place is very busy.

    Walked home in the rain. Heaviest rain we have had since being here so have actually been really lucky overall. Forecast had predicted rain so we brought our rain jackets with us and covered the washing with them.
    Walked the 2km home and found an Indian we wanted to go to for dinner.
    Walked there and the line was down the street. Line was down the street for every Resturant. It was like time square in NY. Where did all the people come from????? Couldn’t get in anywhere so we went to the Christmas market and got a sausage an chips.
    Then churros.
    Hurried back home as the crowds were really too much.
    Will watching videos.

    I am going to start my new book. I have wasted 2 hours of my life trying to find a recap of the last 3 books in the series cause I read the third book over 2 years ago (really need to pick book series that are already finished. This waiting around for years is bothersome, albeit exciting when the date finally arrives)
    And I FINALLY FOUND ONE 😭
    I found 1000 opinions but only one wonderful person did a factual recount. Bless them.

    Have got an email about uploading documents for our flight home which we have decided not to do as there is a footnote saying you can do it at the airport.
    A risky moves because of the strike but as we are business our line is shorter. And we are going home rather than to somewhere and I can only upload a print screen anyway as not at a computer and don’t have the documents soooo

    We plan to get there heaps early anyway.
    So soon!!! 🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻
    Baca lagi