Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Another Amazing Week in Bangkok

    November 1, 2019 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    S2H3 – After the festivities of the Men’s hash on Saturday, it was off to the Siam Sunday H3. Yet another awesome trail that found numerous dirt tracks and hidden pathways in and around the city. I am a paid up member of the Men’s Hash, the Monday Hash, and the Harriettes Hash, but somehow missed the Sunday Hash, so made my contribution, and now completed the set. We had about 30 hashers turn up, and the weather held out just long enough to complete the circle (we did have lightning and thunder rolling in towards us as a warning). As we sat down for dinner, the sky unloaded and the wind blew, and after about 15 minutes it was gone. https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4197…

    BMH3 - My buddy Rawhide set a super shiggy trail this evening. Lots of narrow shiggy trails along klongs and patty dykes. Had a little problem at 3/4 of the way through, when the in trail got a little close to the out trail, and some of us were looping for a bit, but we figured it out and made it back in after dark. Fun times in Bangkok. https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4200…

    No hash on Tuesday, but I did go out on a 16 Km + scouting hike with Boob-a-lube for over 3 hours. This is the longest hike I have done since (well, you know). It started out an expected 10 Km hike, but soon turned into an exploration as we took some new turns. It was a great day. Later that evening, we joined the hash gathering at the Kiwi Pub on Soi 8. Good to see some old friends there as well.

    BH4 - Not sure whether it was the 16Km hike yesterday, or that I am finally off the blood thinners . . . but I was not feeling so great before the trail tonight. I decided to walk, but after a couple Kms, everything started to feel good again, so was able to run a bit. A short but fun trail from the Ladies, and many dressed up for Halloween. Good fun in Bangkok. https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4206…

    BTH3 – Halloween. Trail was disappointingly short, but it was all in the dark, so it had some mystery all its own. Good circle, and fun chatting with the pack. https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4209…

    NH3 – An unexpected opportunity popped up, YKM was in town and called a Nonthaburi H3 trail. So off we went. I have not run with the Nonthaburi H3 in 17 years, but it was good to see YKM again. When I first ran with the NH3, there was this horseshoe that was used to determine the next down down, but alas . . . the horseshoe is no more. Unfortunately, the trail on this day was a crap shoot. We actually never found the trail after the first check, and ended up running around looking for trail for the next hour. The only mark I saw after 7 Kms, was a beer stop at a bar about 200 meters from the finish, which had just been abandoned by the hare. Back at the finish, we had several beers and talked about the old days. It all turned out to be a great evening. https://www.relive.cc/view/vMv85y9ZKPO
    Read more