Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Colombo H3 Trail #2331 - Hukandara

    November 4, 2019 in Sri Lanka ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Up early in Bangkok, taxi ride to the airport, and off to Sri Lanka. Made it in as scheduled, but was unable to change my return flight, so it will be a short stay. Sri Lanka is a lovely country, arrived on a bright sunny day (although it had been raining quite hard off and on for several days). Was an easy 45 minute transit from the airport to the hotel, checked in and relaxed a bit with a cold Lion Beer. Got in an hour long nap, and dressed for the hash. AINT ZE BUSH had arranged a tuk-tuk to pick me up and deliver me to the hash a half hour away. As it turns out, it was the final trail of a weekend long event that included a Hash Ball, and this trail was the annual joint run where the ladies were invited to run on the men's hash. Excellent pack of over 40 hashers gathered for the 8 Km trail in the Hukandara area. It got very dark towards the end of trail, but we all managed to find our way back to the house, where cold beer and snacks awaited. After cleaning up a bit, we had a rousing circle in the back yard, with a hash bag give-away, and a fully catered dinner. After filling up, and quenching my thirst in ice cold Lion Beer, Bushy again set me up with a taxi back to the hotel for a quick clean up, pack up, and check out of the hotel. Another 45 trek back to the airport for an early 1:15 am flight back to Bangkok. Awesome day, will definitely go back to Sri Lanka again.

    https://www.relive.cc/view/vevW7Qpg8Gv

    http://www.colombohash.com/attend/2379
    Read more