Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 79

    Cambodia

    December 27, 2019 in Cambodia ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    We had a heck of a time getting out of the airport, but we finally managed. Tell you story over a beer sometime. Anyway, we haled a taxi and off we went to our hotel. The good news is, this is the best hotel we have stayed in so far (we are on a budget after all). Large room, comfy bed, the shower is one of those rain shower heads with plenty of hot water, the wifi is steady. It all may be a bit old, but still quite nice. So Friday night, Jo wanted to find hummus for dinner, and we were in luck. There was a hummus house just two blocks from the hotel (we have since been there three times). So good, plentiful, and fairly inexpensive.

    Saturday we went out for a bit of sightseeing here in the local area. Got some nice photos from Wat Ounalom Monastery and the Royal Palace Park, but the Royal Palace was mostly under construction, so not much to look at. We walked down the riverside park, and had a nice lunch. Later that evening, we went in to meet the hashers, check in, and get our t-shirt. We chatted with several hashers for about 2 hours, then they started on a pub crawl, but by then we were pretty done with it all, so after the first stop, we skipped out and went back to the hummus house for another tasty dinner.
    Read more