Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 99

    Back in Bali, just for a couple days

    January 16, 2020 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    We made it, working our way around the Pacific to avoid Manila and the Volcano. It was a tiring trip, after the shuffle back in Guam on Monday, then 24 hours of flying to get here . . . but we are back on track. We checked the start location for the hash today, and found it was way up north, about 30 minutes farther north than last time we were here . . . so we decided to just chill at the amazing hotel. Speaking of hotels, location location location. We have stayed mostly in cheaper hotels, and understood we would give up some comfort for savings. Guam was the exception. We stayed in three different hotels, each was a completely different experience. First was the Wyndham Gardens, in what looked like a commercial sector, nice, but out of the way. Then we had 4 days in the Royal Orchid, down on the strip. An older hotel, but nice views, people all around, and convenient. Then when we had to extend, with the others fully booked, we grabbed one on the cheaper end, but still expensive (all three were around $90 per night). The last one was in a nice area, with lots of stores and restaurants, but it was a dorm room. Crappy bed, no place to put anything other than the floor. It did have a great shower, but the rest was bland. Fast forward to today, for $30 a night, we are staying in a wonderful hotel, with a big comfy bed, fridge, super nice. So anyway, location location location. Bali is much different than Guam . . . and truth be told. I'd rather be right here in Bali. :)

    So, we are here until Saturday morning, when we board our next flight . . . this time to Dili, East Timor. Another new country to run a hash trail in.
    Read more