Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 138

    Larnaca H3 Trail #1764 - Cyprus

    February 24, 2020 in Cyprus ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    After messing around in Ayia Napa for a couple hours trying to find our accommodations for the night, we had to break away and head out to the hash. The directions were written for the local hashers who know their way around, but we made it just in time to change clothes and get the chalk talk. The trail was actually really good. Although at the start the hares explained that it had poured down rain this morning and washed away the marks. So we basically had a lead hare take us around the intended trail. No matter, was really good. We had lots of shiggy dodging all the water puddles, good conversation, and we ran past a private zoo that had kangaroos, camels, goats, horses, and all the assorted other animals. By the time the runners finished, the walking pack had already finished. There was some good food (due to a birthday) of fried chicken and sausage rolls. The circle was pretty much your standard read from the script affair (but still good fun), but as the sun was setting, it started to get really cold. We did not last long after that, and headed for the car . . . since we still needed to go out and find a hotel for the evening. The good news is, we found one close by, got checked in, ordered a pizza, and then got hot showers and warmed up. Sleep tonight will be amazing for sure. Tomorrow we drive back up towards the Turkish side, but will not have to cross the boarder.
    https://www.relive.cc/view/vAOZBK8gkoO
    Read more