Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 220

    Baku H3 Trail #1098

    August 8, 2021 in Azerbaijan ⋅ ⛅ 35 °C

    Wow, what an adventure. It was 106F (42c) degrees at the start (reportedly, the hottest day of the year so far), and did not cool down much by the end. In a hilarious twist, the hares planned to start from one park, but posted the location of another park. So, that added about 1 Km to the trail.

    Once all were assembled in the posted park, the hares led us back to the park they set trial from, don't forget, its 106 degrees out. We get off on trail, and manage to zig and zag our way along, until about the 7 Km point, where we had an impromptu water stop. Then the planned drink stop at 9 Kms, before dragging our way into the finish at 11 Kms . . . remember, its still well over 100 degrees out. Beers were quickly consumed, circle commenced, and fun was had by all.

    A few songs, a few laughs, the hares were punished, and all was right in the world. We then proceeded back to the hash pub, and crushed a few more adult beverages. In the end, it was a grand day of exploration on the hash. Many thanks to the Baku H3 for taking me along. On On.

    Fly the trail along with us here . . . https://www.relive.cc/view/vmqXX2pGJoq
    Read more