Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 311

    Circus H3 #293 // Bay-2-Beaches H3 #???

    November 7, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    After a full day of rain on Friday, and cooler temperatures on Saturday . . . it was nice to get out in the sunshine yesterday for this joint running of these two hash clubs down in Sarasota. Metawhorical Sunshine & Tainted Love hared shiggy laden trail of about 3 miles, that the pack of just over a dozen enjoyed. Most of us ended up covered in stickers collected in the underbrush, and I hope there was no poison ivy in there . . . cause my legs are starting to itch. We had two water crossing, first was just after the shot stop and only about knee deep to a tall Lumber Jack, the second most of us could jump over. Back in the parking lot, old Sunday School Stroker continued to refine his RA skills by leading circle for the distribution of cold beverages. After that trauma, most of the pack rejoined to Whiskey Joe’s for dinner and post hash libations. And a good day was had by all.

    We also celebrated the 50th anniversary of the FIRST hash club in the United States . . . the Fort Eustis H3 ran their first trail 50 years ago on . . . 8 Nov 1971.

    While I am at it, let’s also wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the world’s oldest active hasher . . . "Sir Nookey" . . . of the Edmonton H3, who is celebrating his 93rd birthday (DOB 8 Nov 1928). He started his own celebration by haring trail on Saturday for the Edmonton H3.

    Happy Birthday mate . . . and many more. On On
    Read more