Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Bonaire Flamingo H3

    January 26, 2022 in Bonaire ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Bonaire Flamingo H3 & Jolly Roger Pirate Invasion H3 – Bonaire 2022

    Another island, another great day to be hashing. Our hares Where Do You Get Off!?!? (BFH3) and Hazukashii (JRH3) teamed up to help the pack develop a thirst, and then quench that thirst in beer. It was a 10 am boat time / 11 am Bonaire time hares away, and the pack was soon in hot pursuit. WDYGO!?!? is a local brew master, so about one mile into trail including a section on the beach, the runners found a beer check at his home (the walkers got a short cut).

    After a we bit of golden nectar, the pack was once again hot on the trail. The second half of trail was much more shiggy laden, and even passed a large pond with some of these namesake Flamingos wetting themselves, as the pack made their way around town. After a couple more miles of dirt and mud, BN was spied on the pavement, and the pack was on into a large parking lot, where we headed straight to the waiting kegs of frothy suds. WDYGO!?!? performed a magical circle that entertained the pirates for nearly an hour.

    But was that good enough for us, HECK NO . . . we wandered back towards the boat, but soon found a pub nearby to swill a few more local malted beverages before swinging back on board for our 3 pm departure (boat time that is) D) Many thanks to our hosts from the Bonaire Flamingo H3 . . . WDYGO!?!? and his wife, and Madam Flash for their hashpatality. Next stop . . . the Dominican Republic, and more trail.
    Read more