Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 119

    Founders’ Hash #13 (or 14)

    April 29, 2022 in Trinidad and Tobago ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    INTERHASH 2020 (or 2021) . . . (or 2022) was eventually cancelled, but OUTERHASH visitors to Trinidad didn’t care . . . we went anyway. With nearly 400 hashers on hand, there would likely be some founders about . . . and China Brush jumped on the opportunity to show us around her native Trinidad. After introductions, and a brief chalk talk, we were sent out from the main entrance of the Hilton to find trail. After a bit of search, flour was spotted headed up the hill, and we went up . . . and up . . . and what seemed to be up for three quarters of the whole damn trail. After reaching the first peak, cutting through a family plot with a house under construction (of which our hare had to beg to let us pass through, and only after copious sexual favors, made it work), we managed to find even more up to the top of hill. Heading down the back side along a gravel road that was obviously too steep to pave, we skittered down to a gate that made it clear there would be no traffic even attempting to drive up it.

    China showed no mercy, as we hit bottom, crossed the main drag, we then again . . . you guessed it, went up the other side to another peak, before dropping down, circling the neighborhood, for the final on in to a small street side store selling beer. All in all, we had about 20 founders on hand, and a handful of stragglers (plus ones) that joined in. Our first order of business in circle was to issue a life time ban on China Brush ever haring for the founders’ hash again. Once that important first step was complete, we recognized The Penguin as the longest hasher, having run his first trial in 1975, and starting the oldest hash of those founders’ assembled, in 1978. We also recognized the youngest founder, Cock & Balls, at 36 . . . and concluded his hash has not yet even qualified as it is not a year old yet.

    Several beers later, we reached culmination, having passed the assignment of down downs to a few around the circle, and the pack was sent out onto the street to walk back to town after this A to B trail of 4 kms. Well done to China for setting trail, and great to see so many founders turn up here in Trinidad. If anything in this draft is missing, or inaccurate, well . . . blame it on the beer. 😊
    Read more