Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 135

    Brasilia H3 – Weekend Away Hash

    May 15, 2022 in Brazil ⋅ ☁️ 24 °C

    Day 3, the Hangover Trail. After two glorious days of hashing and overindulgence, it was time for one more joyful trot around Alto Paraiso. Newly named Calc-Oholic, assisted by terminal outcast of numerous hash clubs all over the world, Hazukashii, set a shiggy trail on Sunday morning. Starting at 9 am, the pack assembled at the other end of town for a short 5 km runners (4 km walkers), but elevating trail through some local farmland and points of interest.

    After the first half of generally level trail, things took an abrupt turn after the runners and walkers merged, for some rising elevation (and heart rates) to a peak, where fabulous views of Alto Paraiso could be seen, and of course, the obligatory hash group photo. Making their way back down, several false trails were discovered, but the pack soon assemble back at the cars for a very short circle. Scurrying back to town to check out (except a few who stuck around for another day), the pack cleaned up and packed their cars for the drive out to na Mata for lunch. Na Mata is an incredible place, about 4 kms off the highway, up a winding dirt road, in the middle of nowhere. When we entered, the amazing smell of smoked meat wafted over the place. The food was delicious, and many laughs were had, thinking about the fun weekend we all had.

    Many many thanks to the Brasilia H3 for hosting (and letting me join you for) this awesome event.
    Read more