Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 141

    Holyland H3 #1396

    May 21, 2022 in Israel ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    After nearly a 36 hour trip from hotel (in Brazil) to hotel (in Israel) with little sleep, I was dead tired and basically spent 16 hours drifting in and out of sleep once I got settled. But I awoke at around Noon today, and started catching up with what I missed. At about 3 pm, I grabbed my hash bag and headed out the door for a casual 4 km walk to the start. https://www.relive.cc/view/vZqNxMLLy3O

    As I walked up to the parking lot, I saw two people standing behind a car and figured . . . they have to be hashers . . . so it all begins there. Meeting long time Holyland hasher Captain Caveman, and although we had crossed paths before, actually meeting Gorf from France. Over the next half hour or so, the pack slowly gathered for the trail. After a brief chalk talk, we were off on an excellent urban trail, that took in plenty of local parks in the Herzliya area of Israel, along with some tunnels, dirt tracks, and even an orchard. Circle was fun and just the right length, mostly because we ran out of beer. Beer Meister’s excuse was he only planned for 10 or less hashers . . . with 20 on hand today, beer was gone in no time. One of the hashers snuck out and brought back a sack full of more beers just in time to knock out a few last down downs, then we all said our goodbyes, and headed off into the evening . . . except for a half dozen or so of us, that adjourned to one of the hares roof top, for a few more cold brews and socializing. A great day on the hash in Israel.
    Read more