Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 166

    Kuala Lumpur Harriettes #2447

    June 15, 2022 in Malaysia ⋅ 🌧 27 °C

    After an early morning arrival, and one great night’s sleep, it was full on for Wednesday here in KL. Starting with lunch at the Royal Selangor Club with Neil & Sim Campbell, we then took a ride out to where construction has recently begun on the HASH HOUSE. Something the Hash World has been waiting for over the past 20+ years. Then, it was off to the run site for the KL Harriettes.

    It was an outstanding trail, but not without its controversies. Even here in Malaysia, the trails sometimes do not work out as planned. This trail was planned as a 7 km shiggy romp, with a few walkers knowing where to cut off a bit. Well, we got to check number 2, and the FRB turned right, and about 200 meters out, found paper . . . and led us all back . . . to the start, in just under 4 kms. So after a short discussion with the hare, the runners took off back out on trail to find out what we missed. In the end, the 7 km trail turned into an 11 km trail, but it was gorgeous.

    Tons of shiggy, water crossings, and at one point I stepped into what turned out to be a mud hole, and sunk in about 3 feet, losing my sneaker in the process. I was able to dig it out, but it was covered in mud, so hobbled along in one sock foot until I found a water hole to wash off in. From there, it was smooth sailing to the finish, just before dark. After a quick circle, we adjourned to a local restaurant and had a great dinner. As always, another great time on the hash. Looking forward to several more great trails over the next 8 days in KL.
    Read more