Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 178

    Dar es Salaam H3 #2064

    June 27, 2022 in Tanzania ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    After 3 days out on Zanzibar as part of this pre-amble to Pan Africa Hash, today we took the high speed ferry to Dar es Salaam. Getting out of the port was a mad house, but finally we got all the luggage sorted and on the bus, and off we went for the near hour long drive to the hotel. We actually drove right past the start point for the hash, so helped give me an indication of how far back we needed to go.

    After we were all checked in at the hotel, we gathered up about 10 in our group, and loaded up in taxis for the 20 minute ride back to the start. There were about 20 local hashers that turned up, so about 30 on trail, with 10 runners and 20 walkers on separate tracks.

    Trail was all set in paper, we ran about 7 kms through many back streets, all dirt, and crossed a few open lots and ran around one pond to the beer check. We finished back at the same point for an A to A trail, with circle out on a hotel pool deck. Everyone was super friendly, so it was all very pleasant.

    Circle was pretty rowdy, with lots of yelling and private chatter, which made it hard to hear some of the activity, but it was all fun. Cost was 20,000 shillings ($8.50 US), which provided plenty of beer, and then after circle . . . they fed us as well. There were a couple birthdays, so we even had cake to top it off. What a deal. All in all, it was a great outing with the Dar Hash.
    Read more