Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 186

    Dienstag Schnitzeljagd Trupp H3 #664

    July 5, 2022 in Germany ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Well fellow DST Hashers, it has been 10 years since I last posted the trail details . . . but Dutchy has managed to dump the burden back on my shoulders this week . . . so here goes.

    Cunning Linguist was our hare for the day, and he did not have the common damn courtesy to show up on time. 😊 As 17 hashers anxiously gathered, we had to wait an additional 8 minutes while our hare ate an ice cream cone, or some such silliness, while we all waited. Once finally on trail, we had a totally enjoyable 8+ kms of joy.

    For those reading this jumble of hash droppings, if you have never hashed outside of Germany, or Central Europe for that matter, you may not realize how good you have it. This trail was a perfect example of why hashing in Stuttgart is some of the best hashing worldwide. All the twists and turns, the dirt tracks, and tiny paths between properties, and all that goes with it, was purely magical. But most of us are still wondering what the hell was that X (false trail) set, shortly after the reported hare sighting? A scared hare making every attempt to not be caught? A scared hare running for his life? Or a simple ooops, WTF did I just do? Only CL can tell us the tale. And this ties into the delusions of grandeur of one hasher who’s name will remain anonymous, who claimed to have CAUGHT THE HARE, yet it was only a sighting . . . just like those old fishing yarns about “the one that got away” . . . seeing the hare is NOT snaring the hare. Anyway, in the end, we all eventually made it back to the parking garage, and then on to the On On On . . . for some most excellent Asian Cuisine. A great day on trail, and a great day with good friends.

    We had three FIVERS on this trail . . . Too Wet with 15, Hold My Weiner with 30, and the big winner today was 10-R Bleibt with 90. Get a fricking life already.

    We then had a review of this coming week of hash events, the RED DRESS RUN on Thursday, the thing-a-ma-jig going on this weekend, could be German Nash Hash or some such nonsense, and some boat ride next Monday . . . BORING. The next DST hash will be the next big event (although there is some little kerfuffle about the numbering . . . 665 or 666a [the real 666 is on 19 July]), so keep your eyes peeled to the website or this email list for the details. GET SOME!!!

    On On, from your humble hash scribe,
    Hazukashii
    Read more