Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 229

    Boston H3

    August 17, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    It was just a short drive into Boston, so got in fairly early. Could not check into the hotel until 3 pm, so spent a few hours wandering around the city. After getting settled at the hotel, it was just a short less than 10 minute walk to the start of trail.

    I had the pleasure to join them for their annual ANYTHING BUT CLOTHES (ABC) hash last night. ABC means, as they describe . . . “Come to this hash wearing absolutely anything you want, as long as it isn't clothing. Shirt? No. Trash bags? Yes! Shorts? No. Caution tape? Yes! A cat onesie? No. A dozen live cats strapped to your body? Yes! The more creative the better.” While many just ran in a trash bag, some of the costumes were very creative . . . one had on 6 backpacks taped to her front/back, arms, and legs. Another had on a watermelon pool innertube, while one of the hares (winner of best costume) had on a dress fashioned out of blue medical masks.

    Special shout out to NAMBLA who turned up . . . we keep crossing paths all over the country. 🙂

    Since I am traveling light, and don’t really give a !@#!# about themes, (as you might suspect) I showed up in regular hash gear. With a theme like this, I was expecting it was going to be a lot of walking and standing around . . . BUT, thank goodness, the Boston H3 is an actual running hash. There were two drink stops that had us standing around a bit, but for the most part, we were hauling ass along trail at a nice clip . . . I loved it. It was an excellent 5+ mile, A to B trail, but the pack of about 30 finished close together, as there were hardly any walkers, and the circle was very entertaining. Heard several new songs, and the pack mostly paid attention to what was going on. Overall, an excellent evening hash.
    Read more