Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 300

    Batavia H4 #2015

    October 27, 2022 in Indonesia ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    The H4 stands for Hash House Harriers Hoons . . . This was my 6th hash over the past week (5 of them in Perth, Australia), but one I have been waiting for . . . for many years. I have heard about all the great hashing in the Jakarta area for many years, and finally got here. The trail did not disappoint. It took almost an hour to get to the run start near Bogor, leaving from central Jakarta. Meeting in the driveway to a local dump, the stench was bit off putting, but we were soon enough on trail. Normally a men only club, for this special event the UMs were allowed to join in. An A to B affair that was 9 kms of single file tracks most of the way, from alleyways, to rice paddies, to dirt paths. You had to be paying close attention in many spots, as running along on the rice paddies, they get narrow, and sometimes what looks like solid ground with grass, actually has nothing underneath it. I took a handful of tumbles along the way, but managed a soft landing each time.

    https://www.relive.cc/view/vmqXBNJ5YLO

    Circle was like a speed dating scene. It was rapid fire down downs, knocking out over a dozen in the first 10 minutes. I made a comment to The Penguin, and he said the circle would be quick . . . but it went on for nearly two hours, and over 100 down downs (they actually kept count). It was a laugh a minute, with plenty of barbs between hashers. Today will be a day of rest before kicking off the Jakarta 50th Anniversary Celebration (delayed 19 months due to the pandemic) tomorrow.
    Read more