Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Jolly Roger H3 #1619

    January 18, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    The flak from the INTERAM cancellation continues to intensify, but I have other responsibilities . . . hashing, and my turn to hare.

    Warmer weather continues to get better, and last night it was warm enough to got with the short sleeve shirts . . . or no shirt at all for a couple young studs. Trail headed north out of the Appleby’s parking lot and circled the block before crossing Manhattan. A long false trail turned the pack around, and sent them through the church parking lot and out the other side. Turning right, the trail made its way over to Dale Mabrey and the T/E split. The Turkeys (~3 miles) turned right, while the Eagles trail (~5 miles) turned left and headed towards Britton Plaza.

    Blending in with the trees lining Dale Mabrey, trail eventually turned left and wound its way behind Tijuana Flats and Buffalo Wild Wing. Crossing Dale Mabrey, the trail circled all the way around Britton Plaza and then headed south on Himes Ave . . . only to find another check at the railroad tracks. Our hare, Hazukashii used what he thought was a common marking "BT" (Bad Trail) under the expressway, but somehow the pack thought it meant Beer Truck and were momentarily confused. Trail was eventually found going west, and then crossed a drainage ditch behind Lowes, where the pack got a tiny bit of wet feet crossing through a grassy field. Passing a homeless camp, trail zigged its way back to Dale Mabrey, then looped behind the Navy Federal CU before crossing back over to merge in with the Turkey trail.

    Trail then crossed another grassy field and head back towards home. Passing through Foster Park, the beer stop was found to the delight of the walkers, but after waiting an additional 20 minutes, thinking the runners had been run over by a train, it returned to Appleby’s. The runners did soon arrive at the finish, shortly after the beer van did, and all was right in the world. Circle was a low energy affair, and then we broke off to get dinner at Appleby’s . . . and even Dab stayed for dinner. Well done old chap.
    Read more