Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 107

    Original Nairobi H3 #1177

    April 17, 2023 in Kenya ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Another great day of running around the streets of Nairobi, and meeting new friends on the hash. Well, I actually had some old friends at this one, but always good to catch up.

    We met out in the Embassy area, off United Nations Ave. As you may guess, there were several embassies in this area, as well as the UN Headquarters, which we ended up running past towards the end of trail.

    Speaking of trail, after the usual introductions, the runners were sent off in advance of the walkers. We headed up the street to the main road (UN Ave) and found the first bit of shiggy passing through a farmer's field. From there it was along the side of the road which was mostly under construction. Looping around, we found a bit more shiggy before coming back around to UN Ave.

    Then, trail turned down a long street with fences on both sides, only to hit the Hurricane Stop (drink stop), then turned around back to UN Ave to make the final 1.5 kms back to the house. Runners ended up with about 9 K, and the walkers was something like 4 k (according to the hares).

    Circle was a good event, with 4 actual virgins, and a handful of visitors, including Fat Ass. Following circle, we had an excellent dinner of chili and salad, washed down with several kinds of beer to choose from. Another great day on the hash.
    Read more