Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 177

    Pattaya H3 #2000

    June 26, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 32 °C

    I managed to get in one more Bangkok Harriettes trail before catching the bus down to Pattaya last week. I came down for the Pattaya H3 2000th celebration weekend. We started with a meet and greet on Friday evening to pick up goodie bags.

    Saturday we had the Red Dress Charity trail, but was pretty much a pub crawl with stops in overcrowded bars . . . so did not hang out much on that, but afterwards we had karaoke, which was a blast.

    Sunday was called the hangover trail, and it looked like there were a few blurry eyed hashers wandering in for the bus ride out to the run site. It was about a 30 min ride to the outskirts of town. After all the busses had arrived, we circled up for trail chalk talk, and we were off out into the countryside. It was an excellent trail, and very hot. Afterwards, we had a chance to jump in the pool and also rehydrate before circle started. Circle was a lot of fun, and they do something a bit different. They have a prize giveaway . . . passing out numbers beforehand, then if you get called up, you get a chance to spin the wheel. You may win a prize, get a chance to pull a card, but ultimately, most of those that go up end up on the ice. 😊 It was fun.

    The weekend culminated with the big 2000th hash on Monday, their regular day of the week for hashing. There were aprox 215 in attendance from what I heard. It was a grand event, with three trails to choose from, actually 4 if you count the Beer Hunters waddle.

    I was all for getting the best bang for my buck, and chose the LONG trail. The hares explained it would be about 11 kms, but ended up only being 9. Not sure what happened, but no complaints. It was an awesome trail. Starting with a 2 km rise up along a hill top, trail came back down much quicker, where we found ourselves in some agricultural fields, not sure what was growing, small trees I guess. Then we worked our way into some rubber tree forests, zigging back and forth from field to field, and just about 500 meters from the finish, we had a short waist deep water crossing. A totally brilliant trail.

    Many thanks to the whole Pattaya H3 team for hosting this most excellent and well managed 4 day event. On On
    Read more