Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 217

    German Nash Hash 2023

    August 5, 2023 in Germany ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    The venue was on a hill top near Oberwesel, about an hour west of Frankfurt, and was hosted by the Frankfurt H3. Overall, a very well done affair. Great venue, excellent trails, fun pack and circles. Very nice. Check-In started at 1600 on Friday, but many were there early to take in the surroundings and get in a beer or two while we waited. Rego was more on hash time, than what you might expect from a German event, but all in all, once things go rolling, all was well. Friday evening was less a pub crawl, more a scattered gaggle, as we wandered around the venue getting to chat with our fellow hashers. Then the music started, and dancing lasted well into the morning. I went to bed early, knowing that rest would be a good thing before the ball buster trail on Saturday.

    Saturday, we were up and ready . . . with the ball buster trail first to go. We had an exceptionally large pack, close to 100 I would guess. Trail ended up being over 25 kms with nearly 1000 meters of elevation. After lunch, it was slow going, as my knees were in a great deal of discomfort on the final 6 km stretch. A good night's rest, and a couple Advil in the morning, and I was right as rain for the hangover trail.

    The hangover trail was a short 4 kms, up over the hilltop near the venue. It was a nice weekend with great friends.

    C.R.A.P. H3 will host in 2024 (registration opens on 30 August), and a vote was taken with Munich H3 winning to host in 2025.
    Read more