Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 308

    Mekong IndoChina Hash – Main Event

    November 4, 2023 in Vietnam ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    It has been a year since we were gathered around the circle in Kampot, Cambodia for the last MIH and the announcement was made that Lao was out, and Da Lat, Vietnam was going to be the host this year. So here we are in Vietnam. The weather has been quite pleasant all week, until today, when it pretty much rained all day, with a few brief intermissions.

    We loaded up the busses and made the one hour drive out to the venue for today’s main event. Upon arrival, the rain had already drenched the surroundings, and after a brief intermission, we were sent off on trail, only to get drenched within 15 minutes . . . but hey, once you are soaked through, its Game On!! For only the second time in my hashing days, I sadly waved to the Ball Buster (25 kms) bus as it pulled out without me, as I opted for Long trail, which was only 15 kms. So as you would suspect, we were sloshing along on trail, and most of it was rocky ankle buster terrain, but when it wasn’t it was slippery, with plenty of UPS and downs.

    The front end of the long trail runners came in at about 3 hours, the BBs rolled in at about 4+ hours. So that should tell you it was not your average conditions for a smooth trot along trail. On the bright side, upon completion of trail, the venue was all set up with a huge parachute type tent, where the beer was flowing, and various snacks were available. Once everyone had returned, we circled up for a few recognitions of the day’s events. After that, we were delighted with some very excellent local cuisine. And if that was not enough, then out came the entertainment. Dancers, music, fire, the works.

    It was a most excellent day, and well done to the Da Lat hashers for hosting the day. Looking forward to tomorrow’s exhibition with high hopes for the same.

    On a personal note, yesterday I hared trail for the 700th time, and today it was my 3700th hash. I find it hard to believe I have reaped so much joy and entertainment from the HHH world over the past nearly 40 years. I have had a very fortunate life.
    Read more