Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 338

    Manila H3 #2586

    December 4, 2023 on the Philippines ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    It was a good sized pack of about 25 for this inner city romp. Meeting in downtown Makati, trail colored within the lines so to speak, meaning we stayed within a housing compound for a somewhat short run, but felt good to stretch our legs and get a bit of sweat on.

    At one point, trail meant to take a turn, but the hare placed an arrow going straight into a gate and into a house. We cautiously entered the front yard, and someone eventually said ring the bell and see if this is some sort of beer stop . . . NOPE! So onward we went around the corner, and trundled on into the finish, where copious bottles of golden nectar sat cooling in the ice. Given the time to chat with some of the local hashers, I met several friends of friends and had much to talk about.

    After being afforded the opportunity to empty a number of said bottles, we then heard the call to gather round. The circle was quite entertaining, with plenty of good jokes and accompanying songs. Since it was the hares birthday, he graciously invited us all up to his balcony to enjoy a fine turkey and stuffing dinner, along with mac & cheese and various other tasty treats. To top it off, a large chocolate cake was rolled in, with candle to blow out. I am not a huge chocolate fan, but this cake was good. It was a splendid evening . . . but time for rest, as it is back to the airport tomorrow. Still three more hash trails to run this week in yet another country.
    Read more