Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 53

    Chardonnay H3 (Hobart, Tasmania)

    February 22 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 32 °C

    Last time I was here, was for INTERHASH 2000. The Chardonnay H3 set the Red Dress run for well over 1000 hashers back then. This time we gathered at 1300 on a Thursday, and the local hash put on a trail for us, which was very kind. Trail started from the “Hope & Anchor Tavern” that is the oldest continuously licensed pub in Australia. Prices were not old though, beer was $14 AUD, and the soda was $8.50 . . . yowser.

    At the appropriate time, the hares called us all together on the street for a quick chalk talk, and off we went. Runners enjoyed a 9 km trail (walkers got 5) that headed out of town passing the war memorial, and then out through a park. Some people thought it was too hot out at 33 C, but felt quite normal to me.

    As the pack started returning to the pub after trail, we eventually circled up for a few down downs. The hares had to get back to work, but a few locals were able to hang out with as we circled up. We had a fun circle with several good songs, and then back to the floating hotel. On On to three days of open seas as we head to New Zealand, next stop Dunedin on Monday.
    Read more