Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Getting Packed Up

    September 17, 2017 in Canada ⋅ 🌧 13 °C

    Hello everyone, This is a test of my new blog site. I hope that it works.
    For now, I'm going to copy the link and send it out each time that I post news. The idea is that if you click on the link, you should be able to see what I've written and some pictures. The site has a silly name - Find Penguins. It is, however, very well supported (German technology) So I'll give it a try as my other site shut down.
    The only down side .... if you want to leave witty comments, you actually have to sign on or sign up I believe. It's not a bad site for sending junk emails and marketing. So far that has been the case.

    Regarding our trip: Mike and I leave Wednesday the 20th and fly to Frankfurt , then on to Toulouse. There we will RV with Mac/ Steph, Fiona and Jiggs and my sister Helen. From Toulouse, we are traveling to a small spot called Castelnaudry where on the 23rd we take over as crew of a canal boat on The Canal du Midi in southern France. Fiona has provided a coloured photo of the crew - see attached. You may recognize a few of the crew - Mr and Mrs Howell ( Mac and Steph, of course - although Mac did fancy himself the Professor but since Stephanie is sooooooo Mrs Howell , it was a slam dunk). Mike is the Captain- being the crew senior, I am Ginger - who everybody knows was having a thing with the Captain. Fiona is a very cute MaryAnn (she was a bit bossy like a teacher if you recall). Jiggs who will likely be driving the boat is Gilligan. We'll try to make sure that the Captain doesn't keep hitting him. Helen is the Professor - and on this trip her job is to be the historian/ tour director.
    Our boat trip on the S.S. Minnow is for a week and since the canal is pretty straight we should find ourselves outside of Bezier on the 30th very close to the Mediterranean. If we find ourselves on the Atlantic side, well then we got turned around. From there, Mac and Steph peel off for more luxurious accommodations in the Dordogne Region. The rest of us ( Captain, Ginger, Gilligan, MaryAnn and the Prof) fly to Corsica for a week. Why Corsica? not sure really. We just picked it from the atlas over a bottle of wine.That's how most of our travel decisions get made. Turns out that Corsica is the murder capital of Europe. Fortunately, we understand that the Corsicans kill each other ( mafioso) and not the tourists. We'll find out I guess.
    We've set Mom up with a map of our route. We also have a cut-out of Mom which we have called Flat Mary. We will take her to all the fun places with us. Flat Mary visits Carcassone, Flat Mary drives the boat, Flat Mary orders escargot and wine etc etc.
    So that's it for now. Hope this blog site works. Look forward to your ever thoughtful and insulting comments.
    Signing off until France. A bien tot (sorry Simon and Ron, my keyboard doesn't have accents)

    Heather/ Mom x
    Read more