Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 99

    Escape from New York

    July 3, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 79 °F

    I guess I don't really need to say that we're a bit behind on our updates, but there it is, it's been said. 😳

    We're currently in New York City in the back of an Uber, heading to the airport, to return to Buenos Aires and then Santa Fe, before doing it all in reverse in a couple of weeks for another month outside of Argentina.

    The past month-and-change in the States was originally only supposed to be a few weeks, but one thing led to another to another to another, and well, the weeks passed quickly.

    We flew to Florida at the end of May for a family cruise that had been on the books for a while. There were 36 of us in total and it was a ton of fun!

    The following week, I (Sam) had a work event in California that we traveled out to. We planned to stop back in St Louis for a few days after that to organize some things before flying back to Argentina.

    The errands we needed to handle at home definitely expanded in scope once we got there, but really we spent much of the unplanned time just enjoying seeing family and friends.

    With the California and St. Louis visits, plus a drive down to Tulsa coinciding with a storm that knocked out power to half the city for a week, we got to see all the kids on the trip, which was amazing.

    We also had a great time visiting friends here in New York while waiting for a couple of seats on a flight back to BA.

    While we didn't do much of the usual tourist stuff, we spent time in Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Jersey; walked from the first to the second, and from 59th to 1st and back; and hung out at JapanFes and the African Arts Festival. We're leaving NY exhausted and with sore feet!

    Next time you hear from us we'll be back in Argentina. ✌🏽
    Read more