Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 118

    Bye Bye Argentina - Africa Here We Come!

    22 Juli 2023, Argentina ⋅ ☁️ 68 °F

    The next week and a half went by quickly. With more repairs for the camper, work, and planning for our upcoming trip. We left Santa Fe on the 18th headed toward Buenos Aires. We stayed 3 nights in Tigre, about 45 minutes outside Buenos Aires, which was close to the place we had planned to store the camper. We found a really awesome vegan restaurant called Mudra walking distance from our hotel there. It was so good we went back two nights in a row.

    We finally got all of our bags packed for our trip and got the camper ready to store on Friday. We had an unexpected surprise when we arrived to drop off the vehicle. Mike and Geneva were there! We hadn’t seen them since we got back and we’d been so busy after the camper fire that we hadn’t really connected. We were so excited that we got to visit with them briefly before we left.

    After the camper was all situated we ubered to Buenos Aires. We had 24 hours before our flight and we were determined to make the most of it. We stayed the night at the beautiful Park Hyatt Palacio Duhao. It was quite luxurious and felt like just what we needed after a hectic few weeks.

    One of the hotel's 5 restaurants, Gioia, is completely plant based, offering a unique fine dining experience.
    We really enjoyed the variety of dishes and we were both surprised by how filling it was. We spent the rest of the evening and most of the following day exploring the city, before our flight at midnight. We’ll have 24 hours in Paris and then on to Senegal and Ghana.

    Now I must say, you’ve been getting the optimist's version of events. I asked Sam how he would sum in a word or two how he felt about the fire and the past few weeks and ‘shook’ and ‘distraught’ were some words that came to mind. I think these feelings were particularly strong for him in the days following the fire. We have a lot to think about while we’re away.

    Despite all of the frustrations with the camper, we both agree that we love Argentina and we’ll be excited to return.
    Baca selengkapnya