Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Wow! What A Day

    July 31, 2023 in Ghana ⋅ 🌧 82 °F

    We checked out of the Kempenski where we had a phenomenal stay and stored our luggage while we went out for the day.

    Mercy met us at the hotel. I wanted to have a dress made and she wanted to make sure I found fabric that I liked before taking us to see her seamstress for a fitting.

    We started out at Woodlin in Osu, a great fabric store with beautiful colorful prints. Sam found a shirt that he liked straight away. I was looking for black which the didn’t have much of so we decided to keep looking. Next we went to Accra Arts Centre, and out door arts and crafts market frequented by tourists. Mercy didn’t want us paying tourists prices so she decide to take us instead to the famous Makola market where you can find any and everything.

    I’m so glad she was with us! Makola market is huge, but she knew exactly where to go. I found a really nice fabric at one of the first booths that we saw. We picked up the fabric for my dress and Sam found a matching fabric to have a shirt made.

    We made our way to the seamstress who took our measurements, helped me choose a dress style and promised to have everything ready by the next day! We were super excited and so thankful to Mercy for escorting us around town all day. I was so ready to give up and find a mall after the first 2 stops, but she was persistent and kept us on track.

    It was evening by the time we made it back to the hotel. I couldn’t believe how much we had accomplished in the day. We even managed to squeeze in some sight seeing between shopping. We had a great time visiting Independence Square and Black Star Gate where we caught up with Junior and Jarvis!

    Thanks again to Mercy for a wonderful and productive day. What a great family!!
    Read more